Below, the goals of M.H.I.A. are listed.
1. To establish esprit dcorps among homicide investigators in this region.
2. To provide a forum to discuss and exchange information related to homicide case management, the latest in forensic technology and laboratory science.
3. To improve and provide training for investigators and for other police personnel who might become involved in a homicide investigation.
4. To promote and encourage the exchange of information between agencies involved in multi-jurisdictional homicide investigations.
5. Our aim is to hold regional training conferences utilizing the resource bank of experienced, professional homicide investigators available.